Romulo M. Flora
Secondary School Principal III
(Address) Purok 3, Barangay Irisan, Baguio City, 2600
(Tel) +63 74 4422956
(Mobile) +63 912 7503322
Irisan National High School is a dynamic school of competent graduate, through relevant education and excellent service.
To provide quality and technically-oriented basic education for the total development of the learners and the community through:
- Well-trained personnel
- Pro-active school heads
- Adequate facilities
- Conducive learning environment
- Participative and law-abiding residents
|CORE VALUES ||OPERATIONALIZATION|
|EXCELLENCE||The stakeholders achieve the highest performance, way beyond standards through relevant education.|
|RELEVANCE||The school, in close coordination with the community, offers technical-vocational education courses which are responsive to the needs of the community towards the attainment of the K to 12 goals.|
|COMPETENCE||Teachers, school administration and support staff possess the expertise and skills necessary to produce globally-competitive graduates.|
Irisan National High School is located at Purok 3, Irisan, the largest barangay of Baguio City with 24,064 persons. It is located 7.5 kilometers away from the city proper and is sitting on a 4,725 meter lot acquired through Presidential Proclamation signed by Governor Frank Murphy on April 16, 1934.
The school was originally opened in 1969 as an annex of Baguio City National High School to cater to the high school students from the barangay. On July 1981, it became an annex of Pines City National High School – the place being nearer to PCNHS – Main. With the passage and approval of Senate Bill 1703 on September 1997 sponsored by Bernardo Vergara and the signing of RA 8380 by President Fidel V. Ramos on November 13, 1997, the school formerly known as Quirino Annex became the first annex to become a national high school in Baguio City.
In January 1999, Superintendent Ruperta Vergara and Director Tomas Ratum of DECS-CAR designated Mrs. Victoria P. Pablito as the full time Officer-in-Charge as it is getting ready for its full independence from PCNHS come June 1999. She became the first principal of the school and stayed until 2003. In January 2004, Superintendent Phillip Flores with the approval of Dr. Remedios K. Taguba approved the appointment of Mrs. Tita B. Novilla as the principal of INHS. With her retirement last December 2007, she was succeeded by Mr. Romulo M. Flora whose appointment was made effective on January 25, 2008.
At present, the school which started with sixty (60) students is now catering to more than a thousand. It also serves students from the surrounding Barangays like Asin, Tuba, La Trinidad, San Luis, Sablan and Quezon Hill. What used to be just three (3) teachers are now thirty six (36). Other personnel include (7) head teachers, one (1) bookkeeper, one (1) disbursing officer, two (2) administrative aides, three (3) security guards, one (1) guidance counselor, one (1) librarian and one (1) school nurse.
From a 4-classroom building, the school now has 9 buildings having twenty nine (29) classrooms, twenty-four (24) classrooms of which are for instruction purposes and five (5) for student and administrative services.