Calligraphy by Janine Cuenca-Dario
Thank you for your interest in my service. The service I do for invitations is hand calligraphy.
For INVITATION CARDS, I do one master copy by hand which a commercial printer will lay-out and reproduce to your desired number.
The rate for the master copy is P1000 for up to 15 lines. We can also do something for souvenirs and even your thank you cards.
For ENVELOPES, I shall put the name of your guest. The charge is P20 per envelope for one or two lines.
The minimum contract price of the project is P1000. If you are on a tight budget, we can discuss about doing some of the envelopes
like those of the VIPs/principal sponsors. Contrary to the practice now, for wedding invitations, etiquette still dictates that it be addressed
by hand by a professional calligrapher or someone with good handwriting, and not machine generated by a computer or typewriter.
Presented here is low-resolution sample of my calligraphy to which you can refer for style. The actual output of course is of much finer quality. Except for the embellished script in sample 3 and 4, this style is the most in demand of those I have produced. Variations have also been requested either by adding embellishments or simplifying the style. I am also very comfortable with this style so I can complete it faster and with little error. If you have another in mind, let me know.
Proposal For Calligraphy Services
Although the use of computer printers to address invitations are getting quite popular, etiquette still dictates that wedding envelopes should be handwritten, by a calligrapher or by someone with good handwriting. Calligraphy continues to be the choice of the discriminating client.
The following are details of my service:
- Because I am busy with other work, I only do my calligraphy on weekends. I also do not do envelopes that are of board paper or with lining because these require making pencil line guides which takes up too much time.
- Calligraphy may be employed for weddings, debuts, graduations and other special occasions for:
- Text on the invitation card
- Addressing Envelopes
- Place cards
- Thank you cards
- Souvenir items
- Certificates and diplomas
- Missallette cover
The client benefits from my over 15 years experience as calligrapher. Among my satisfied clients are:
- MaiMai Cojuangco - Andrea Zini
- Louis Vuitton Hong Kong
- Mon Gonzalez - Tweetie de Leon
- Tina Luz
- Roberto Romulo and Zuellig Foundation
- Junjun Camcam - Kourtney Stickle
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC), Sandy and Mark Higgins, Marga Grande-Garcia, Marilyn Velayo, Fides Alfonso-Madrid, Melissa Fernandez, Victoria Tambunting
- Quality of the writing is affected by the smoothness and absorbency of the paper. Paper of 100% cotton (some Crane's papers) may not be ideal for hand calligraphy.
- CHECKLIST. To ensure accuracy and avoid delay of the work, please note the following:
- Prepare a legible guestlist, clearly written or preferably typewritten/printed out without erasures or corrections. Errors due to unclear lists will not be free.
- Ensure names with accents, punctuation and ñ, formal titles are correctly reflected on the list.
- 5% extra envelopes shall be provided to the calligrapher
- If any, indicate the names you need earlier than the rest
- Please leave your contact numbers (mobile, landline, e-mail). Please make yourself or a representative reachable for any questions.
- The standard time of completion is 100 to 150 names per weekend for unlined envelopes. Special arrangements may be made to accommodate those that are needed sooner but will involve additional cost. 50% downpayment required and balance upon completion of the project. Mobile phone calls as well international and long distance calls will be at the expense of the client.
- For calligraphy on envelopes, the charge is P20.00 per envelope (up to 2 lines) for a minimum contract price of P1,000 (or 50 one to two line envelopes). For envelopes that require mailing addresses, the charge is a flat rate of P45.00 per envelope.
- Full payment in cash is requested upon delivery of the completed envelopes.
For further inquiries, contact:
Palm Village, Makati * Phone 895 8110 * Mobile 0917 847 0247
Important tips on hiring a calligrapher:
- Ensure that he has ample experience in calligraphy.
- Check past work to see if he keeps the invitations clean. Some envelopes have visible pencil guide marks.
- Make sure he will be able to provide advice and employ the rules on proper addressing of important people to save you the problem of having to research the correct form.
- Will be able to accommodate last-minute additions to the list.
- Guarantees quality. If an envelope is not to your liking, he should be able to repeat this at no extra charge to you. This is where your extra envelopes come in handy.
wedding, weddings, invitation, invitations, handwritten invitation, calligraphy, calligrapher, special inviations