Sr. Ma. Paula Valeriana Baerts, ICM. A Belgian nun who belonged to the Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. In 1965, she was sent in the Philippines and assigned in the Philippine Orthopedic Center. During her service in the hospital, she saw the miserable plight of the disabled that brought about her eagerness to improve their lives. Later did she realize that it was her real mission in life.
A sustainable enterprise providing employment for Persons with Disabilities and an ideal venue for holistic development of their physical, mental, economic, social and spiritual well-being.
1. To assist the disabled in the physical and emotional rehabilitation, and integrate them in the mainstream of society.
2. To equip persons with disabilities with skills and knowledge through education and trainings.
3. To provide shelter, medical and welfare assistance to indigent disabled and medical families.
4. To uplift the standard of living/economics conditions of the disabled through employment and job placement.
5. To educate the public and promote social awareness concerning persons with disabilities.
6. To fight against discrimination, exploitation and aggression and to advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities, especially women.
7. To promote independent living to disabled individuals.